Thank you for your feedback!


Who can apply to be a Member?

For more information regarding Membership Categories, please click here.
To request an Application and more detailed information, please click here.

  •  Civilians
  • Civilian Government Officials who are GS-12 (or equivalent)  or above either directly assigned within the National Security community or have had at least six months' time in a Combat Zone.
  • Warrant Officers and Commissioned Officers* on Active Duty.
  • Selected Reserves (SELRES) Guard/Reserve with at least two years on Active Duty.
  • Retired Commissioned Officers* and Former Commissioned Officers.*
    Verification of two years' Active Duty service [copy of DD-214] required at the time of application: The Initiation Fee for any Commissioned Officers recently retired from Active Duty shall be the fee for either their retirement grade or the highest grade held on Active Duty (whichever is higher) for a period of up to one year from their effective retirement date.

  • First Time Commissioned Officers On Active Duty.*
    Serving in the lowest rank of their service (Area of Specialty) who have an active duty commitment of at least two years, may be elected to Membership without payment of an initiation fee. An application must be submitted within one year of the date of their commissioning, and it must be accompanied by a copy of the commissioning certificate, orders, and applicable dues.

    *A Commissioned Officer or former Commissioned Officer of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who has served in that status on Active Duty for at least two years.

  • Sons and Daughters of Members in Good Standing.
    Sons and Daughters of current Life, Resident, Absent, or Inactive Resident Members, or children of the spouses of these Members, who are not otherwise eligible, may apply for Membership provided that:

  - The applicant is 23 or older at the time of application;

- The parent Member has to have been a Resident Member in good standing for a
minimum of five total years; and

- The applicant was a Junior A or B Member for at least two of the five years the
parent has been a Resident Member.